La Maison du Gros Chien
 
La Maison du Gros Chien
 
1, Rue du ménil
08200 SEDAN
Tel : 03 24 27 73 73
E-mail : sedan@charleville-sedan-tourisme.fr
 
The building, dating from 1629, is called "le Gros Chien" (the Big Dog), probably in reference to a shield. The whole building was bought at the end of the seventeenth century, and in 1726 it became a Privileged Royal Linen Factory. In the inner courtyard, accessible through the Académie des Exercices on rue Berchet, there are the mascarons of the "Court of Heads" create its all the architectural uniqueness. The Court of Heads is a historical monument.

Visible from the outside only.
More information in the brochure "Laissez vous conter Sedan"